Last Saturday, Mike and I started our trek to Minnesota for Christmas. We decided to take a road trip so that Stella could come and we didn't need to board her as she is still a puppy.
So we woke up early and took off...14 hours later and 39 cars in the ditch between Iowa and St. Paul, we were there. Stella slept most of the way and was just content as ever to ride in the "3rd" seat. Her tummy was a bit upset on the way there, but she made the ride home without any tummy trouble.

Saturday night we stopped in
Woodbury to see Mike's family. Then on Sunday we left him there and continued home to
Cloquet. First we stopped in to see Tiffany, Jeff, and Ben, and we were crossing our fingers that Hallie would have made and early appearance...but seeing the 3 of them was great fun. Then we made it back to
Cloquet and started the wedding madness. My mom and I had 3 tasks to get done, address the invites, put the paper and ribbon on the candles, and start to assemble the programs. With the exception to the ribbon on the programs we got out other stuff done...
yesss! I am really enjoying being "ahead of schedule" because thus far I haven't felt any pressure to have anything done.

It was also great to be in
Cloquet and be able to catch up with friends and their little ones! It was also a nice break from working on the wedding stuff when people came over!
Tuesday morning Stella and I headed back up to
Woodbury to meet up with Mike and his family. We went to the Wild game on Tuesday night and had a blast. Then we went back to his parents place and played and played Mexican Train
Dominos.

Wednesday we got up early and started to get things in order for the
Laschen family Christmas Eve Dinner. This is Mike's favorite day of the year, and he has always talked about it so much that I new I was in for some good eating and memories. After church we went home and started to cook, eat, and mingle. The food was wonderful and we both had a great time.

After the extended family left we played "
Laschen family trivia +1." Mike's sister Katie puts together trivia questions from each family member and me and then we paired up on teams. Mike and I were on a team against his parents and Mo and Pat. Mike and I fought hard against the other 2 teams, but we were defeated by his parents.

Christmas morning came early and we were up to open our presents, have breakfast, and pack before heading to Fargo to meet up with my family. Once we got to my grandmas place there was more eating to do and again we played more Mexican Train
Dominoes. When all the fun was had we headed back to our hotel and did our immediate family +1's Christmas.
Friday we had some quick shopping to do and then did a lot of relaxing. We then went to dinner with my grandma at Timber Lodge Steakhouse and followed it up with meeting some of our friends at Green Mill for a few drinks.

Saturday morning again came too soon and we were again in our car for the long drive home. We made it here safe and sound last night and we all (including Stella) were glad to be back home. It was a great and busy trip filled with lots of great family time and memories, but next year we will be flying and poor Stella will be heading to the kennel :-)
1 comment:
I can't believe your car got broken into!! Geesh!!! Move back to Minnesota woman! :)
Also can't believe you got all that stuff done for your wedding....then again, I was working on my programs the night before the wedding so I'm not the best one to judge an appropriate time frame!
So good to see you even though it was short! Still no Hallie....I'll keep you posted!
Post a Comment