He is now considered an “Infant” and not a “newborn.” Whew-it seems like our tough little baby is getting easier and easier by the minute. It is amazing what age can do! Each week we are noticing him getting a little more independent, he is sleeping alone (I swear the first two months it was rare for us to be able to put him down for longer than 30 minutes, playing longer by himself and with us, and it feels like he will be off to preschool tomorrow! Ha just kidding, but he is growing up and QUICKLY!
Some of his favorite things to do now are to EAT HIS HANDS and anything he can get into his hands and bring to his mouth. He is also trying very hard to get his thumb into his mouth…ugh! He likes sitting up and looking all around, he wants to see all the action around him. He is loving his animal mobile, Mike named all the animals for him, Lenny the Lion, Timmy the Tiger, Ernie the Elephant, and George the Giraffe. He also has enjoyed sitting up in the boppy or bumbo seat and watching what goes on around him. He is so close to rolling (he has done it 3x, but just as semi-flukes), he just can’t
seem to get his arm either up or down to roll over it-he gets frustrated and then dad or mom have to give him a little push.
He loves to stand up and look around when you hold him up. He is much more alert now and loves helping me with my housework…as long as I am telling him what I am doing
he smiles the biggest smile and talks to me… it can be laundry, folding clothes, doing the dishes, or feeding the pets. I am glad he enjoys it because it makes me enjoy it a little more.
His voice is also changing. Mike and I are constantly giggling about all his interesting noises. He has now added a high pitch shrill (which can mean i’m happy or mad), a sound for “fix it please or I will lose it,” and some other random sounds. He enjoys smiling at everyone. He is starting to giggle…we have heard it a couple times, and I can’t wait to hear it more regularly.
Chilling outside is also a favorite activity-as long as it isn’t HOT! Thomas likes playing under our tree in the back yard in the late afternoon. Who wouldn’t it is the perfect temperature, no mosquitoes, and daddy and mommy are extra silly when we play outside!
His temperament is also changing. Rather than going from 0-100% mad in less than a second, he now can hold it together for a little longer and can even sometimes “pull it together” by himself.
His routine is getting smoother and smoother. He is now taking a good 2 or 3 hour nap either in the morning or afternoon. Recently, he started to stay awake in longer intervals. He can now do between and hour and two hours of awake “play time.”
Then he takes a few other hour naps and usually goes to bed between 6 and 7. He will then wake up between 12:30 and 2:30 for his first feeding and then again between 3:30 and 5:30 for his second.
Before waking up for the day between 6:30-7:30. It is nice having him on a schedule so we know what to "semi-expect” but again it is driven by him and our schedule so it is very flexible.
Thomas is still not so great at taking the bottle, but he is taking enough to keep himself content while mom is away. He also continues to struggle with riding in his car seat (we don’t know if it is reflux, he gets hot, or he just plain doesn’t like it.)
I am going to try to update more often-Uncle Pat yelled at me and told me to write this, Kylie also wants my pictures BIGGER! So keep the feedback coming. I did find the blog really helped me when I needed to look back on dates and events. So I am going to also use this as a record for Thomas.
1 comment:
Yes, I agree - bigger pictures! I like to see my Thomas as close to life size as I can get! :)
Post a Comment