Monday, March 5, 2012

Messy Paint Fun

What a fun morning of painting Thomas and I had at our house. He was on a roll, he made 7 actual paintings and 5 hand print sheets. We painted for at least 30 minutes before he wanted to clean up, by far his longest painting session to date!

Let’s pour some red on here…

IMG_9808

This page needs a ginormous amount of pink!IMG_7086

Messy Hands…

IMG_9809

What color should I pick next?IMG_9810

Smear it here…

IMG_9816IMG_9821

I guess my Mom was right, it doesn’t taste good!IMG_9817

Too funny I posted one of these pictures on FB and I had a couple comments about how messy it is. I guess in my world, the messier the better! I have worked with so many good occupational therapists over the years and they always told me to get messy and explore!

I guess the tricky thing with Thomas that I don’t really think too much about any longer is his lack of wearing a bib or art smock. I suppose I could throw a old t-shirt on him or something, but really we haven’t had a problem with some cold water and stain stick. He always fought a bib and I just chose to not fight him on it. Now it is just “typical Thomas” to need to change clothes after a messy meal or art activity. Clean up took 10 minutes in the bath and a few minutes wiping down the table and washing the containers off. The hardest thing for me is not jumping in with the mixing of colors…ugh now that is hard!

No comments: