So I am learning a few things about Texas gardening and I still have lots of questions. This double summer grow season should be interesting as I am suppose to be able to plant a second set of seedlings (tomatoes/peppers/other warm season plants) the end of June/Beginning of July for a fall harvest.
My peas have already decided that it is too warm and I have a feeling in the next couple weeks they will totally die and we will pull them. I haven’t figured what to plant in these shallow high boxes for the summer months-as it is full hot sun at least 8 hours of the day.
We are already harvesting our herbs and enjoying fresh garden lettuce. There is seriously nothing better than fresh lettuce from the garden.
I am not convinced that anything in my East facing bed (on the top left) is doing well as compared to my tomatoes and squash box it is growing very slowly. I am trying to tell myself that it is only the end of April and that this first year is a learning year, I’d just hate to not have any fresh produce.
No comments:
Post a Comment