Friday, June 13, 2014

Bunnies…

The baby bunnies grew up quickly and are already out of the garden box hopefully living in the neighborhood somewhere!  Over the weekend we figured that at 2 weeks old they were close to starting to move around, from all the reading I had done, and we used some spare boards we had in the garage to corral them under the corn in the garden box.  I like bunnies and all, but I still didn’t want to loose all my veggies to the little guys or girls!  June 20142

Collages3On Tuesday morning I went out to check on them, a morning occurrence for the last 2 weeks and saw they had a “bunny hole” in their nest and they were out and about.  That afternoon I noticed 1 of the bunnies was out of the box and “hiding” in the grass.  I picked it up, put it back in and thought that it was a fluke.  I was wrong, they were starting to hop out and were ready to be on their own.  Their mama was still coming back at night to feed them and check in and so there they were out of the box.   For the next few days they hung around close to the house and we saw them near our garden boxes.  By Friday we were only seeing 2 consistently and by Monday they were off and on their next adventure (we hope)!  Fun to see/watch them grow up and now wonder when we see little buns if they were “our garden babies.”Collages4

This is how they “hid” in the grass.  You had to be so careful as they didn’t move and you could almost step on them.  Collages5

No comments: