Thursday, September 18, 2014

William is 2 Months Old

IMG_5777IMG_5789IMG_5115IMG_5495Well our sweet little baby is 2 months old already.  It doesn’t feel possible and although I am willing time to stand still and for him to never get bigger, I cannot wait to see what his little personality is like and watch him try to keep up with his big brother and sister!  IMG_5131IMG_5356IMG_5471

He continues to be a pretty content little guy and rolls with what we are doing.  He is still able to nap through the chaos and noise of a typical day in our family and I am hoping that doesn’t change.  Most days he spends sleeping on my chest, in his bouncer or in the boppy.  He still needs to be elevated or his tummy bothers him and he spits up a lot more.  He is slowly patterning into a schedule and is starting to be awake for an hour or so in the morning, mid day and then before he goes to bed.  He usually wakes up for the day between 7:30—8:30 and goes to sleep for the night between 6:30-8:30. IMG_5434IMG_5689 I will nurse him before I go to bed between 10-11 and then he wakes up a few times in the middle of the night, usually between 2 and 3am and then between 5 and 6 a.m.  He sleeps next to our bed in a Rock and Play and sometimes with me.  I am not complaining as I feel like my little itty bitty baby snuggles are passing by so quickly!

IMG_5547IMG_5402When he is awake he has just started to smile and coo to us.  He likes to get kisses and do his “baby workout” where I play with his arms and legs and help him cross midline.  He rocks his tummy time and loves to kick his legs around on the changing table or when he is naked.  He has started to watch Thomas and Elin and loves to smile at them.  They think it is pretty awesome too when he holds their hand!  Most days he spends his time snuggled into my chest in a ring sling or asleep in the baby bouncer chair. 

IMG_5695IMG_5644We have also come to find out that he too has reflux.  We started to see it early on as he is a spits baby, but as he got older it continued to get worse (more fussy when burping, crying, ect).  We started to try gripe water and positional things and then we headed to medicine.  He now takes medicine nightly to help his tummy and I have eliminated dairy from my diet. IMG_5754 With these two things his is a content and happy guy, even if he spits here and there.  If he eats too much he can projectile spit with furry.  Mike and I giggle saying it is like the scene from stand by me’s pie eating contest.  The kids are so funny if he spits and they quickly get something to help him, but want to be no where near him if he is going to “spit.”

He had a good doctor appointment today.  They were happy with his weight gain/growth as he was 11 lbs 3 ounces and 23 inches long. 

No comments: