Sunday, May 18, 2008

I love Denver in the Spring Time..

The title is in honor of the song Katie sings about Denver, I love Denver in the spring time, I love Denver in the fall, But the only time I visit is the Summer, your in Broncos Country! Katie flew in on Friday morning for a visit with her brother...and me too of course ;-)
Friday we had nothing to do so we decided that we would go tour the Coors Brewery and get our free beer. There were carnations all over and I quickly had Katie fooled that they were my favorite flower! We then went to the Wash Park Grill to enjoy the sun on the patio. Friday night Mike's friend Anna joined us and we headed to Dinner at Forest Room Five. I am obsessed with the Fillet De Brie that they serve there and now Katie and Anna are too. Forest room five quickly turned into a cab ride to Appaloosa Grill, the Samba Room, and then we finished the night at the Candlelight.
Saturday we got up and Anna and walked to the bank and to a little farmers market. When we got back we figured we should grab some lunch and went to Gov's Park. All of us ended up getting a little too much sun! Then we were off to the Twins game. This was the first game that Mike and I have switched from cheering for the Rockies to the Twins! After the game we took Anna and Katie to Carmine's on Penn for dinner. There was a lot food and crayons to draw with, a perfect place for dinner after a baseball game! Katie then kidnapped Mike and I and took us to Ogden Street South. This is usually a pretty fun Karaoke bar on a Saturday night. With the exception of the three of us keeping each other company the bar was a bust. The highlights of the night were: Katie duck walking under the table to avoid singing, China Chip #4, and our crayon breaking contest!
Sunday we grabbed some lunch at Bene's before we headed to roast in the sun at the Twins game.

No comments: