Mike and I both went to New York for the first time this past week/weekend. Mike was in Queens working all week. After he finished work he found time to eat at London Lennies, go on a Harbour Tour, and also attend a Met's Game. Here are the pictures he took while he was on his "work vacation."
On Thursday I flew out to meet Mike in NYC, we both made our way to our hotel in Manhattan. Mike arrived first and then when I flew in we dropped my stuff off at the hotel and headed to dinner. We stumbled upon this little Italian joint called Pestacore which was amazing (before we left I had to go get another Lobster Linguine)! It was also a great way to be "welcomed" to the city, as we were able to sit on the patio and enjoy the city and some dinner. I figured out really quick that people in this city LOVE their horns! We then hit up a little pub and headed in.
Saturday we got up and headed out experience the city, we didn't really have a plan so we just started to walk. It didn't take me long to realize I heart NYC! We were able to see so many things on our adventure...5th ave, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Trump Tower, Radio City Music Hall, Times Square, and we also walked a bit in Central Park.
On Thursday I flew out to meet Mike in NYC, we both made our way to our hotel in Manhattan. Mike arrived first and then when I flew in we dropped my stuff off at the hotel and headed to dinner. We stumbled upon this little Italian joint called Pestacore which was amazing (before we left I had to go get another Lobster Linguine)! It was also a great way to be "welcomed" to the city, as we were able to sit on the patio and enjoy the city and some dinner. I figured out really quick that people in this city LOVE their horns! We then hit up a little pub and headed in.
Saturday we got up and headed out experience the city, we didn't really have a plan so we just started to walk. It didn't take me long to realize I heart NYC! We were able to see so many things on our adventure...5th ave, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Trump Tower, Radio City Music Hall, Times Square, and we also walked a bit in Central Park.I have to say that the whole time I was in the park I felt like I was ion an episode of Law and Order, I even included Mike in using the "lingo" and the theme song. We had a great lunch at Rue 57 and were able to people watch again as we sat outside on the patio. There is just so much energy in this city I never could have imagined it.
For dinner we had our only reservation of the weekend at Bar Americain, it was fantastic and better yet towards the end of dinner I looked two tables over and there was Drew Lachey having dinner with his wife and friends. I was so excited even though Mike had no idea who they were.
Saturday we decided to aimlessly walk the city again and see the areas we didn't see on Friday. We went thought SoHo, Grennich Village, and Tribeca. We also went to the site of the World Trade Center. It is indescribable to talk about the way you feel when you are at the site of something so life changing and that happened so recently. It was a chilling to think of what that place means to so many people of all different walks of life. There we also walked through St Paul's Chapel which was very close to the towers. There was a stump of a century old tree that was knocked over when the tower fell outside the church. Really this was a much needed moment in time for me (Mike too...maybe) and I hope that there is never someplace like that that I need to go pay my respects at ever again.
After all our walking we were tired and we took the subway back towards our hotel. Sometime between when we got into the subway and when we got out the weather changed drastically. In a few minutes of walking outside it started to pour. We ducked into a little shop and got an umbrella and then sought a dry place at a little pub. There was no hope in the rain letting up and we ended up trudging through the flooding streets. By the time we got back to our hotel we were both soaking wet, umbrella and all!
New York was really a great time. I loved the city. We really didn't have a plan and went and got to see so much in the few days that we were there. Hopefully the pictures can do it some justice...and if not maybe our stories can!
For dinner we had our only reservation of the weekend at Bar Americain, it was fantastic and better yet towards the end of dinner I looked two tables over and there was Drew Lachey having dinner with his wife and friends. I was so excited even though Mike had no idea who they were.
Saturday we decided to aimlessly walk the city again and see the areas we didn't see on Friday. We went thought SoHo, Grennich Village, and Tribeca. We also went to the site of the World Trade Center. It is indescribable to talk about the way you feel when you are at the site of something so life changing and that happened so recently. It was a chilling to think of what that place means to so many people of all different walks of life. There we also walked through St Paul's Chapel which was very close to the towers. There was a stump of a century old tree that was knocked over when the tower fell outside the church. Really this was a much needed moment in time for me (Mike too...maybe) and I hope that there is never someplace like that that I need to go pay my respects at ever again.
After all our walking we were tired and we took the subway back towards our hotel. Sometime between when we got into the subway and when we got out the weather changed drastically. In a few minutes of walking outside it started to pour. We ducked into a little shop and got an umbrella and then sought a dry place at a little pub. There was no hope in the rain letting up and we ended up trudging through the flooding streets. By the time we got back to our hotel we were both soaking wet, umbrella and all!We then got ready to head to Phantom of the Opera. This was my request and it was an amazing show to see on Broadway. After this we had a treat to go get at our hotel. Mike's buddy Tyler had hopped on an airplane (he is a pilot) to come spend the night with us in NYC. We picked him up and headed to City Crab for dinner. Then we went to the best little bar ever called Dukes, it had connect 4 and other fun games to play. I really enjoyed this because I had a 99.9% winning average against the guys...each time I won it was the highlight for me to shout "I win!" Tyler quickly decided he wasn't going to lose to me anymore and shortly after that so did Mike. We then wandered closer to the hotel and hit up another fun little bar called Snafu. It was a great time and great to see Tyler again.
Sunday we got up and again were greeted by rain. So we took the subway and this time it made the rain go away. We went to the Guggenheim Museum, which was a bust as they only had 1 exhibit open due to remodeling. We then wandered the rest of Central Park and then made our way to Shelly's Trattoria for lunch. Then we tried to go to Tiffany's and it along with most of the shops on 5th Ave. were closed for the night. So we went to a few other little establishments and then headed to the airport.
New York was really a great time. I loved the city. We really didn't have a plan and went and got to see so much in the few days that we were there. Hopefully the pictures can do it some justice...and if not maybe our stories can!
1 comment:
YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE! ISNT NYC THE BEST! I MISS IT EVERY EVERY DAY!
Post a Comment