Sunday, October 5, 2008

Aspen Hockey Tournament 2008

Mike and I headed up to Basalt/Aspen on Thursday for his hockey tournament. We went up a day early to spend time with Anna and Dale. We again ended up at a little bar in Basalt called Stubbies, which leads to fun, beer, and video golfing! Friday morning Mike and Dale got up and headed out to fly fish on the Roaring Fork River. Mike caught a bunch of fish and even recorded his biggest brown trout. It was also a great experience to learn new things, as Dale is an expert fly fisher and guide, who will be leaving in a couple months to guide in Argentina. Anna and I stayed back and did "girl stuff" which consisted of relaxing, going to a nice lunch, and then going to the salon. We then met up again with the guys to head to dinner before Mike's first game.
All in all the boys hockey team did well, going 2 and 2. The hiccup was that their goalie had to back out because he and his wife had their first baby, so they played with Aspen's high school goalie. If the full team was present, it might have been a different story. But it was still fun for the guys to play and the girls to sit and chat and watch some of the game.
On Saturday night after the game we went with Dan and Boshe to Jimmy's for dinner. We ate pretty late and we got free entertainment while we ate. At Jimmy's they have salsa and tango dancing at 11. So sure enough, it started with 2 people dancing and shortly after the dance floor was packed. Boshe and Dan were adventurous and danced to a song, Mike and I decided to wait until our honeymoon.
Sunday we got up and headed back to Denver. Mike and Stella spent the afternoon chillin on the couch together watching football and resting. I worked hard in the kitchen baking apple crisp and apple pies from my parents apple tree. I was craving and homesick for a homemade apple pie, the only hard part is that I had to make it.
This was also our first weekend away with Stella. She did really well and even got to be a big girl and spend Saturday night out of her kennel. We forgot it in Basalt and decided to stay in Aspen. I think Stella likes being in the mountains just as much as Mike and I do!

No comments: