Well the Christmas break of 2009 will probably be best remembered for us as the Christmas of the BLIZZARD that cancelled most of our plans!
We arrived safely on Saturday morning in Minneapolis, headed to Mike's parents and enjoyed a dinner and dance party at his house that evening.
Sunday I spent the day with Tiff, we ate and caught up, before making an adventure trip to Babies R Us.
Monday we were off to Cloquet to spend time with my family and drop some surprises too! We went to dinner at Blackwoods (a favorite of mine because of the dinner rolls) and then headed home. We are going to go to Bentlyville, but I have become soft and it was a bit too cold for me to even think about attempting to walk around outside longer than to or from a car or building! We did however watch a ship come in as Mike had never seen the lift bridge in action before!
Monday we were off to Cloquet to spend time with my family and drop some surprises too! We went to dinner at Blackwoods (a favorite of mine because of the dinner rolls) and then headed home. We are going to go to Bentlyville, but I have become soft and it was a bit too cold for me to even think about attempting to walk around outside longer than to or from a car or building! We did however watch a ship come in as Mike had never seen the lift bridge in action before!
Tuesday Mike and I bummed around Duluth and then headed home to meet up with some of my friends. So hard to see everyone especially during the holidays, but we made our best attempt! I got to meet up with Katie and Lindsay, both expecting babies as well in 2010 (if 2009 was the year of the wedding, 2010 will be the year of babies). Mike and my mom went to the Lost Tavern for a drink and then we met up for some Mexican Train.
Wednesday we were trying to beat the storm and headed back to Minneapolis where we would stay for the rest of the trip (we didn't make it to Fargo on Christmas day which was the plan).
After some power shopping at the MOA-we started to get the snow and I called to check in on Stella-whoa nelly was that a call... (more one her on a later blog post).

Wednesday we were trying to beat the storm and headed back to Minneapolis where we would stay for the rest of the trip (we didn't make it to Fargo on Christmas day which was the plan).
After some power shopping at the MOA-we started to get the snow and I called to check in on Stella-whoa nelly was that a call... (more one her on a later blog post).
Christmas Eve is the big Laschen celebration so after prepping in the morning we headed to Christmas Eve Mass. Dinner this year was a little smaller as well, all because of the Blizzard! At dinner the Laschen's got their "surprise." 
Christmas day we all got up and opened our gifts from Santa, before being lazy the rest of the day and then playing Laschen Family Trivia that night.
Saturday my family came down and we did our Christmas-So different than at my Grandma's house! But it was nice to spend time with my family too. We then went and had dinner and Mike's parents meet up with us for a drink.
Sunday my mom and I went baby shopping, while the boys went hunting shopping and we met up for Lunch on Grand Ave.
Monday we came home...whew...what an weird Christmas this year! I hope the weather cooperates in 2010!
Christmas morning was very different this year for me. For the first time since I can remember, maybe ever, I was not in Fargo at my Grandma's house :-(.
1 comment:
christmas WAS funky this year- i agree, my sister and i both said xmas didn't feel like xmas... bits and pcs were missing due to weird weather and changed plans here and there.
Post a Comment