Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thomas James

Thomas James Laschen, was born at 1:09 p.m. on Wednesday March 31st. He weighted 8 lbs 4.5 oz and was 19.5 inches long. Lil man made his birth story quite interesting, but at the end of the day, he and I are both healthy and that is all that matters. Once he came into the world, he met his daddy, grandma McConachie, Grandpa McConachie, Reid, and Nikki in the first few hours. At the hospital he also passed all of his "tests" with flying colors. The picture with electrodes on his head is his newborn hearing test. Mike and I decided that we were done with the hospital and took off on Thursday evening. Thomas wore his "jail break" outfit home. Mike had hoped he could wear bib overalls, but once he realized how small a newborn is, he realized this outfit would have to wait!
This is our first picture as a family...don't mind the swelling, pitocin and fluids for 24 hours is not nice to anyone :-)
About 5 minutes after he was born...






Thursday morning snuggle time with daddy...


Hearing test...
Daddy loves his belly...






















First visitors....





















We are outta here!

2 comments:

ajs {of MN} said...

congrats!! He's is so cute! I hope we get to see this many pictures all of the time ;)

Stacey said...

I will do my best with pictures-I am taking them daily. Hard having grandparents that live so far away-have to send pic updates daily!