Sunday, February 6, 2011




So after moving to Seattle, I decided to take over Stacey's blog for a quick update on my bachelor life in the state of Washington. I've rented a 1 bedroom apartment from a family in the Madrona are of Seattle proper, a nice neighborhood but probably wouldn't want to live here permanently. Its a cozy little place that is starting to feel a bit like home and the views are pretty good too.
The bachelor life is a bit tough to get use to again and I feel like I'm on college all over again (except I keep the place much cleaner). Slowly I'm settling into a routine that consists of getting up at 5am to head to the gym to train for this summer's triathlons, head to work after that and then home around 6ish to do homework until I go to bed. That being said, I really hadn't seen the city in the light until yesterday and to my surprise one of the first things I noticed was that my neighbors have a chicken coop in their yard....huh. Luckily it doesn't smell and the chickens don't make any noise.
I got out and checked out homes with our 2 realtor's yesterday and I really liked the area of North Bend, when Stacey gets here on Thursday, we will be checking homes out again and I think right now that may be our best bet. A bit removed from the city and in the mountains, not all that bad.

I went up to Steven's Pass ski area today to get a bit of exercise and a few runs in and despite the wet conditions, it was a fun time. When sunny, I bet the views are amazing as the Cascades seem pretty gnarly. I skinned up the mountain before it opened, which seemed to be a pretty foreign concept to many of the people there but it was fun regardless. I think I have almost as much fun going up as I do going down. The drive up there follows the South Fork of the Skyhomish river, which seems to be bigger than any river in CO, maybe a drift boat is in the cards for the Laschens in the future!!

Looking forward to getting into the outdoors while we're here and if the skiing conditions don't improve (there's been a lot of rain at the ski areas lately) I'm going to bring the fishing equipment up over President's weekend and do a bit of exploring with the rod. I think a trip to the Olympic Peninsula may be in order. Anything to help with boredom is a must.

Stacey and T come up
this week and I couldn't be more excited, its been very difficult being away from them, even if it has only been for little over a week. I feel a bit guilty being here in Seattle not being able to help with getting the home ready for showings so my only option is to give a little moral support. Skype has been a big help and I think T is confused when he sees daddy on the computer. This has by far been the biggest challenge with this whole move and it'll be nice when Stacey and Thomas get here to finally make it a real home.
Well I think that may be all for my first hijacking of Stacey's blog and the format is probably all choppy but that's ok.

No comments: