Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Packed and Loaded Up

We had people packing our house up on Monday.  They were quick and efficient and EVERYTHING went into a box.  So there will be some sorting that needs to happen in Seattle.   When they left our house was in 192 boxes.  IMG_4068

Tuesday we had just one person over in the packing department to crate up our TV.   (several others in the moving department)IMG_4070

Then Wednesday came and the van packers were here.  There were 5 guys that arrived at 7:45 am and worked until 4:30 p.m. .  They worked to load all 192 boxes and then the other pieces of furniture and stuff.  IMG_4069

When they left my home was empty and we all were exhausted and a little sad.IMG_4076

341 articles boxes and items later our lives were on their way to  Seattle.      IMG_4077 We are now camping out in what I am calling the “fort.”  What I have realized about moving is that my whole house feels like a giant “owie” for Thomas.   There were things all over the floors, outlets left without plugs, and stairs without gates.   Trying to distract him so I could rearrange was tricky.  It took 2 days and some creative strategies, but we are now ready physically to go to Seattle.  Emotionally, I am not going there YET!IMG_4217 IMG_4218 IMG_4078

No comments: