Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rainbow Rice

I discovered Pinterest and since then my world and more specifically Thomas’ has been a little more colorful!   I have a lot of therapy games and ideas up my sleeve, and have been getting a little bored with them.  Then I saw some new ideas on Pinterest I couldn’t wait to try them. 

Rainbow rice looked like it was right up our alley and after hearing about how much Tiffany’s kiddos, Ben and Hallie, enjoyed it I was excited to make it for Thomas! 

The recipe is as follows:

~4 Cups of Rice (I bought the cheapest bulk rice at the store)

~ 3 tablespoons of Alcohol

~ LOTS of food coloring.  I probably used at least a tbsp. per color. 

~ Gallon size zip lock bags

~ Paper grocery bags for drying the riceAugust 20111

Directions:

1. Mix the alcohol and food coloring.

2. Measure out rice and put in bag with food coloring/alcohol mix.

3. shake, smoosh, and mix it up

4. lay it out in paper bags to dry (we did ours over night)

5. play away

rainbow rice

No comments: