Sunday, October 30, 2011

HELP = Ambulance

ambulanceToday there were 2 fire trucks and an ambulance up our street.  Thomas was very interested in the happenings and I was explaining to him that someone needed “help” and the ambulance would take them to get the help they needed at the hospital.

15 minutes later I am downstairs doing laundry and I hear Thomas crying and Mike fixing his hurt toe by kissing it better.  This has been good enough to heal pretty much anything thus far and Thomas will run to us with his owie presented.   The crying stopped, the play continued, until I came upstairs and then the owie drama resurfaced.  After more kisses play resumed and life was back to normal.

About a half hour later Thomas and I were Skyping with Grandma and Grandpa McConachie and I made the mistake of bringing up the lights and the ambulance.   Almost immediately, the drama ensued with Thomas repeating over and over “help, help, help” pointing to his previously hurt toe, and then out the window. 

I wish we had this on video as this drama continued for about 10 minutes.  Thomas was looking at me like I was the worst Mommy ever for not calling the ambulance to help him and Mike and I desperately trying to communicate to our little boy that his owie was ok without an ambulance. 

A whole new world of literal thinking is upon us!  The old self in me loves how he was communicating to us and putting his thoughts and ideas together.  The mommy in me is in for a whole new treat in learning how to teach the “simple” things.  

Image taken from littleblackblog.net

No comments: