Saturday, October 1, 2011

Yard/Garden Clean Up and Recap

Summer came and it seems like before we knew it we were into fall.  I say it every year and this year is no exception, Mike and I love fall!  Garden PeasTo get our yard ready for fall/winter/rain we did a little clean up!   Away went all the summer toys, we trimmed back the bushes, and all the garden plants found themselves a new home in the compost bin.  I also realized that I forgot to post a few pictures of Thomas and the garden this summer.  Garden 8-2-2011 5-17-07 PMHe loved the garden and I can’t wait to see what he likes in it next year.  This year I will attribute the garden to increasing his veggies.  He went from tolerating them to going to the garden and asking for more!  His favorite was sugar peas, with carrots, cucumbers, and beans all competing for second, third, and fourth.       We also were able to get several zucchini  and 3 pumpkins!   It really was the little garden box that could!   Hydrangea Boy 8-5-2011 6-13-33 PMOur pots did well this year too and we had tomatoes to make pizza sauce and eat.   This fall we planted garlic and onions for next summer, this is the first time planting a fall crop, I can’t wait to see next year holds!

I wish that I could say that these beautiful hydrangeas were in our yard.  Unfortunately, our 2 plants that we tried to bring from Colorado didn’t make it.  I did get a couple new ones at the fall garden sale so I am hoping next summer we have blooms like this in our yard. 

No comments: