Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Puddin’ Painting with 2 Littles

In my world the messier the better (with an easy cleanup).  With Elin being sick we had been stuck in the house a lot and I was feeling the need to be creative.  So here was my solution.  A few cups of pudding, some food coloring, and spoons for paint brushes and we had 2 very happy messy kids.  Thomas loved painting and making handprints, Elin just wanted to eat as much as she could of this sugar filled treat.  I did this with Thomas when he was little, but with 2 kiddos this was twice as much fun.  Both Mike and I had giant smiles on our faces.  We also called both Grandma’s on facetime so they could get in on the fun.  January 20137

If your trying this yourselves, know that a good mat in the tub is essential, as the pudding makes the tub very slippery.   Another good thing to remind yourself is that it is all able to be cleaned up.  I try not to give the kids the freedom to be messy and then try to contain it, I just try to manage my words (I don’t every say “no” during art) and allow them to have fun as long as they are following the rules and being safe. 

2 comments:

Jayme said...

So cute! Looks like a ton of fun. I did that will Brooklyn this summer outside. Put a sheet down and then bought some large poster paper. She ended up having more fun playing with the pudding in the containers than actually putting it on paper.

Stacey said...

I will have to try that this summer! Sounds like Brooklyn and Elin had the same idea-must eat yummy pudding!