Thursday, March 14, 2013

Band-Aid

It is very typical for either my dog or my little guy to hear when dad gets home from work. This is a much anticipated time by all, extra hands for me, new energy in the house, daddy time for the kids and pets for Stella.
Yesterday was no different.  A huge " Daddy's home" with the door flinging open (a new skill that Thomas can now unlock and open the door-hello safety door knob) and both Thomas and Stella running outside to greet him, both super excited to ask about his day at work.
It was at this same time that the neighbor boys were getting home and the younger of the two shouted "hey guess what i got stitches." So Thomas and I went over to see the owie and hear about how he fell at school off a slippery log, which then earned him a trip to the ER and some stitches.

We came back home and I started to get dinner ready.  Out comes Thomas, shoes and socks in hand and plops himself on the kitchen floor.  I asked him what he needed his socks and shoes for, as he asked me if I could please help him put them on. I explained that he first needed pants and that he would get to go over to the park after dinner.  He then explained that first he needed to bring a "big bandaid over to Gabe to fix his big owie."
My heart was happy, I smiled, at this point Mike had also heard the conversation and he came in.  He proudly said that he would help him walk over a bandaid and we both told him that sound like a wonderful idea and we were very proud of him for being a wonderful friend. 
So my pants-less socks and shoes clad little man, with a heart as big as ever, ran over a bandaid for his friend. 

No comments: