Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Couple Zoo Trips

In July we had a couple of zoo trips with some not so normal adventures involved.  The first zoo trip was a trip to get out of the house and enjoy the animals.  We had Dahlia and Reier along and the kiddos ran their show.  After some energy expenditure at the zoo we grabbed sushi for lunch.  On our way home the kids and I then saw a crazy situation.  There was a tiny kitten on the side of the road and a man with a dog who was trying his hardest to keep the kitten from becoming lunch.  July 20134There was also a woman there and I thought the kitten was hers.  After watching at the stop light, I quickly realized that after the danger of the dog had passed, the woman just kept walking.  The kids and I circled around and stopped, here was a tiny kitten laying on the sidewalk next to a very busy road.  A construction worker said that the kitten had been around, but that if I could do something it would have a much better life.  I agreed, so we scooped up the kitten and off we went.  We made a few calls and took it to the vet to see if it was microchipped and healthy.  We then took this 24 toed beauty to an all cat rescue in West Seattle.  The woman who  rescued the kitty said that he would be rescued quickly.  Collages10Our next zoo adventure was for Reier’s 1st birthday.  The birthday boy slept most of the trip, but his friends and sister had a great time running around and seeing the animals.   Happy Birthday Mr. Reier!  July 20137

No comments: