Saturday, March 29, 2014

Garden Update

I have been navigating the crazy spring weather here in Dallas with our garden.  As of now all of my cool weather crops are in and planted: parsnips, leeks, carrots, peas, lettuce, and onions were planted the last weekend in February and have started to sprout.  The peas below were also hung on our fence and we are hoping in a few more weeks we have walls of peas.  Garden peas are some of our favorites and we all eat them like they are candy.  So I have been planting a set of peas every couple of weeks so we hopefully have peas for a few weeks, maybe a month or so before it gets to hot?  We will see…IMG_9604

The last frost date for our area is March 15th, so we started to watch the weather and look at when we could transplant our tomatoes/peppers.  I have been hardening them off for a few weeks.  The night temperatures have been staying closer to 50 degrees so into the ground they went.

We now have everything planted and I can’t wait to see how they do in our boxes and in this climate.   2014-03-31

No comments: