Friday, July 25, 2014

William’s NICU Stay Part 2—Mom Out of the Hospital

7/25/2014

We had done William’s 11:30 feeding where they told me that the little guy had gained 100 grams (normal 30-50) It was the confidence boost we all needed after leaving the hospital that with his feeding/weight gaining he was on the right track and was rocking it.  That morning Thomas and Elin woke up with me at 5:30 to go pump.  It was pretty cute even thought we were all exhausted….we all pumped then crawled back into bed and slept again for another hour.  Mike went in and did the 5:30 and the 8:30 feedings and then headed into the office for a bit.  I got to wake up with the kiddos and have breakfast and play before heading to the hospital for the 11:30 and 2:30 feedings.  Mike came and met me for the 2:30 feeding and some snuggles.  When we were done holding William we headed over to the grocery store before heading home for dinner.  Grandma Nancy went and did the 5:30 and 8:30 feedings and then Grandma Kathy and I did the 11:30 feeding. William's ArrivalWilliam's Arrival1Collages7

7/26/2014  On Saturday morning Mike and I had a date for a CPR class specifically for families with babies in the NICU.  With William continuing to have a Brady here and there I wanted a refresher and Mike had never taken a formal class on infant CPR.  After we did William’s 8:30 feeding we headed over to our class.  When we finished class we grabbed a quick snack and then did William’s 11:30 feeding before we met the kiddos for lunch!  We also took the first picture of the 5 of us together as a family. Then Mike headed home with the kiddos for naps and Grandma Nancy and I did the 2:30 feeding before stopping at the store for a few William things and heading home for dinner. William's Arrival3 Collages8Thomas was really starting to ask questions about exactly why William couldn’t come home.  So we took a couple pictures specifically of his wires and also the machines that monitored his heart and breathing rate.William's Arrival2

7/27/2014 Sunday Mike went over and did William’s 5:30 and 8:30 feedings going for a bike ride in between.  I went in and did his 11:30 and 2:30 feedings and then Grandma Kathy went and did his 5:30 feeding before I headed back and did his 8:30 and 11:30 feedings.  

7/28/2014  William failed his car seat test last night.  In the test he has to maintain his oxygen levels and not have a Brady while in the seat.  He didn’t have a Brady but he did have a little big of a dip in his breathing so they decided it was enough that they wanted to see him repeat it again on Monday night before ok-ing him to come home in his car seat on Tuesday.  August 2014

Monday the 28th I swear we all sat on edge wondering if William would make it through day 4 without a Brady….he was so close yet on slip would set his count back to another 5 days.  He continued to rock it and after he passed his car seat test on.  I checked in on Tuesday morning when I woke up to pump and he had passed…and still hadn’t had a Brady.  We were so close to getting him home with us all!

William's Arrival4

No comments: