
It has been busy at our house this last week. Last Tuesday my mom flew in to spend the week with Mike and I. My dad was off trying to catch us some halibut in Alaska. During the week we made dinners and just hung out.

Both Mike and I had to work with our trip to Europe coming closer and closer (we leave July 24
th). I also took her with me to my
Nia and
Zumba classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Mike calls these interpretive dance, but they are only sort of, and my mom really enjoyed them after she got the giggles out. Wednesday we also took her to a favorite bar/
restaurant in Denver Forest Room Five for dinner.
Friday afternoon we took off for Vail to spend the 4
th up there. We got in and unloaded and then went to dinner at a favorite Sweet Basil.

We then watched the fireworks and headed home for a
Jenga tournament. Saturday we got up early as ever and headed out to hike up to
Booth Lake. This was my attempt #2 at getting
some great pictures of Mike fly fishing. Both Mike and I were very proud of my mom and she made it all the way up to the lake (6 miles and ended at 11, 000+ feet).

The real bummer is once we had this great hike and made it to the lake we realized it was still frozen,
at least mostly frozen! Mike attempted to fish, but was unsuccessful-however they will be great scrapbook photos. We then hiked back down and went to shower and then headed back into Vail to the Red Lion for lunch.

We were all pretty exhausted so we decided to hit the hot tub before dinner at Vendetta's. After that we all crashed as we were truly exhausted. Sunday before the rush back to Denver (the interstate gets really crazy busy) Mike got up to get some more fishing in, my mom went swimming, and I slept in :-) Once we got back to Denver we relaxed both Sunday and Monday nights and then Tuesday my mom had to fly back home again. It was great to have my mom out here for the week. Crazy how our house is a lot messier now that she left....thanks mom for keeping it tidy and us company for the week. Sorry the video of the falls is sideways...I made a mental note for filming next time....but I just wanted you to hear it.
Sl
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great time with your mom!
Post a Comment