This year we decided to start a tradition to go get our pumpkins at the pumpkin patch. The first annual pumpkin patch adventure was a huge success. We headed up to the “patch” and saw that it was lines of cars and fields of both people and pumpkins. We both asked ourselves what were we getting into. However, we were nicely surprised at how well the Rock Creek Farm was run. There were pumpkin patches, farm mazes, and farm animals galore!
After hunting out and sawing off our pumpkins we were off on our animal adventure. I have to admit, I have been waiting my whole life to have and “excuse” to meet all the animals. This way I am not the creepy adult in the petting zoo area! It was fun to watch Thomas’ reactions to the animals, which was just starting in awe. He was not afraid of the GIANT horses, which I thought he might be, and gladly reached out to try to pet them. He was also able to see a baby cow, pigs, sheep, goats, ducks, and rabbits.
At home we made our special picture pumpkin…Thomas was not sure what he thought of our idea! We had about 5 minutes to get our pictures before we had to have the great pumpkin escape! The cute pictures were totally worth our effort! Even if Thomas might be embarrassed someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment