1.) Watching my husband with our son. Even though I am critical of him 90% of the time (I always know the right thing to do) he really is an amazing father. He doesn’t do things how I would all of the time, BUT Thomas loves his way too. He also needs his daddy to do some crazy things and be a little too rough.
2.) Breast Feeding…I always thought that I would try to nurse, I never knew if I would be successful. Breastfeeding was a little tricky at the beginning, but overall it has been such a rewarding experience.
3.) Dancing in the Kitchen in the afternoons and Thomas’ smile and sequels while we dance together.
4.) Watching Thomas learn. Watching him develop and learn new things everyday is such a highlight of my time at home with him. That and his pure excitement when he does something new :-)
5.) Waking up to his smile. Enough said.
6.) 2, 3, 4, or 5 a.m. feedings. Crazy I know, and this is not every night (if I am really tired or he has been up more than normal.) I find it hard to put in words the contentment my heart feels as I rock and nurse Thomas in the middle of the night. It is just he and I, no noise (most of the time), no distractions, and we can “just be” for a few minutes. I wish I could freeze that moment, that feeling, so I could go back to it whenever. This is probably why I still cannot read the book “Love You Forever” without sobbing through the last several pages.
7.) Taking afternoon naps snuggled up. Ever since Thomas came home we have snuggled and taken naps together. As he has gotten older, our naps have gotten less frequent, but I still snuggle him up a couple times a week.
8.) BEING MOMMY-that when he cries he usually wants me (or daddy) but that I am finally the mommy that the baby wants.
9.) His shrieks and giggles of pure joy while we are playing together.
10.) Being blessed enough to be able to say I am A MOMMY, his mommy, and that we have a wonderful family. It has been my dream to be able to be a stay at home mom. We are fortunate that with both of our jobs I can stay home “most of the time.” Life is good :-)
3 comments:
I personally like #1
- The Outstanding Husband/ Dad
Oh I can relate to most of these as well! I never ever thought it would be so rewarding! And I'm also with you about being critical. It's hard to let someone else sooth when you know you could do it faster and better! haha!
So the first comment had me thinking...#1, who would post this anonymously, #2, the only person it could be is Mike, the outstanding husband/dad...SOOO I called him and asked-he confessed :-) What a dufus!
Post a Comment