Thomas and I were invited by my neighbor Deb to “test out” Arvada Mom’s Club. Best part about the "test” was that they were going to head up to a local organic farm to pick strawberries and raspberries. So what the heck-it’s worth a try right?!
Once we got up to the farm we met up with the group. This was a large group and we really didn’t get into the “group” stuff so I am still on the fence about joining. Even with it being a little bit crazy, Deb and I had a great time with our kiddos picking away. The strawberry fields were closed to replenish (I went up Saturday a.m. solo to pick them). We were each able to pick a couple pints of yummy raspberries. As we were walking back to the farm there were fields of flowers you could pick or take amazing pictures by…Thomas was a cooperative little guy :-)
When we headed home both the kiddos were zonked out within 2 minutes.
With the berries I made 2 strawberry rhubarb pies, froze strawberries for us to eat, and had yummy fresh smoothies. So excited I found Berry Patch Farms…our family will be making this a trip many more times. My favorite thing about the farm is that they are so kid friendly. They had local school groups touring the farm and learning about the agriculture. What a fun field trip-and what a dream for me…maybe someday???
1 comment:
Cute pics!! You are so domestic lately - baking rhubarb pie, making salsa....I want to move in! :)
Post a Comment