Monday, June 20, 2011

Afternoon at the Zoo

I get to spend a lot of time with Thomas, yet for me it never gets old watching him learn and enjoy new things. 

Our day at the zoo was no different, except that this day at the zoo was not like all the others.  This was the first day at the zoo, that it would be just “us.”  There were no rules, no time constraints, no things we had to see or people we needed to meet, we just had an afternoon together with the animals at the zoo.  Day at the zoo with mama 7-6-2011 9-53-41 PM

Thomas and I were able to see a baby wallaby, penguins, tiger, and meerkats.  He has been very into birds the last few weeks so I think the highlights for him, judging by his reaction and protested leaving, were feeding the parakeets and watching the bird show.  After we had had enough and we were getting close to “daddy time” we took off from the zoo.1st Shiner Collage 7-6-2011 9-50-16 PM

On our way home a friend called and asked us to meet at the park.   I thought it would be a good way to pass time as Mike was still about an hour out so we went.  An important lesson was learned by me that day, don’t let a tired baby run down an incline!  Running as fast as his little feet could take him saying go, go, go, go all to get his snacks…until…"uh oh” trip!   He fell and did a great job catching himself, but the momentum had him roll to the side and directly onto his cheek/eye!   He cried for about 30 seconds and then decided his snack cup and friend were more important!  When I called Mike to say “uh oh” he said well “chicks dig scars!'”  Whew, Thomas was ok, daddy wasn’t mad our world was OK minus the scratched/bruised eye!   

No comments: