Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Play Date with the Erdalls

Trying to schedule time in when on different schedules and with life in December is difficult!  Thankfully, Tiffany and I were able to figure something out and spent almost an entire day together!  Thomas was still germy but he had a blast, so much so that getting him to squeee in a nap was a battle!

We started off the day by meeting Tiff and Hallie at the mall to play in the kids play area.  After surviving all the kids, a fire alarm and Thomas attempting to escape several times we were off to the food court for lunch.  December 20111

Then it was off to the Erdall’s for Thomas’ nap (45 minute fight later) he was down for a quick nap.  Then it was up for some awesome play time with Ben and Hallie.  After a little bit, Tiff and I were able to go upstairs and chat while Jeff supervised and played with the kiddos in the basement.  Ever since becoming friends what Tiff and I have been able to do best is lounge around and chat, so our hour of lounging was just like the days before kids!  It was so much fun to chat and not be on the phone doing a billion different things…it was also a glimpse into what life would be like if we ever get to move back to Minnesota!

Listening to the kiddos in the basement giggle and have a good time was also fun!  Thomas loves “big kids” and just thinks that they are so cool.   Ben and Hallie are two of the nicest kids I know and they are both so good with him.  I can only hope that he will be as good of a big brother someday!  They shared their snacks with him, taught him how to wrestle, play the piano, and Ben even showed him an introduction into sword fighting!

Wrestle Mania with Ben and Hallie Erdall-sorry the video is sideways, if I record them with my phone sideways I don’t know how to flip them, do you?

I can’t wait for our next date with the Erdall family!

After we finished up there we were off on an adventure to find Troy and Molly’s apartment!  Thomas again had a blast rough housing with Troy and seeing “Ma hay.”  We got to catch up on their wedding plans and visit before heading back to the Laschen’s for bedtime after a long day of playing and visiting.

No comments: