I saw an idea on Pinterest and went for it, water balloon painting. After filling up water balloons to the point that my fingers hurt we were off to paint the sidewalk. Try number one of just water and poster paint was nothing more than colorful water splashes. Thomas had 1 balloon pop on his head but otherwise he and Mike stayed pretty clean.
So during naptime the next day I was super productive and filled the next round of balloons. Try number two of corn starch, paint and water was a bit more successful in the painting aspect.
Both balloon throwing nights were equally fun the whole “painting” idea just was more clear on night 2.
I will do this again but will do 2 things differently. First, I ordered squeeze bottles to fill the balloons with the paint mixture. Secondly, I will use more powder and add food coloring instead of paint. Can’t wait to see if the 3rd time is a charm!
No comments:
Post a Comment