Grandma Nancy came to Seattle for a final hurrah before starting another year of teaching. She came in on a Tuesday and before we knew it a week had passed and she was off to Minnesota again.
In that weeks time we were able to accomplish a lot. Many days we would look at the clock and ask ourselves where the day had gone. With her help with the kids, I was able to catch up on some much overdue deep cleaning. I emptied all of our closets and drawers of unwanted/needed clothes. We also deep cleaned the kitchen and reorganized all the drawers. I had more ambitions for the house, but to be honest after those 2 tasks I was spent. We also spent a lot of time playing in water as it was in the 90s the whole time she was here. Thankfully there was still a good breeze that kept us feeling a little bit cooler, but when it is 90 here it is HOT! We went to a splash park, had a pool in the front yard and went to the indoor swimming pool. Hard to tell who had more fun between all of us!
I was also to make lots of messes with Thomas and corn starch. Grandma enjoyed watching while Thomas and I got super messy. Best part about corn starch is that the clean up is so easy. It is also so much gooey fun. If you haven’t tried it, you must. When cold it is hard and breaks apart. When warm it runs and oozes all over. Mike was also able to finish the back yards fence that covers our staircase into the basement. The yard has made such a transformation in the last 6 months and we are really enjoying spending time back there.
It was so nice to have an extra hand around the house and the kiddos (Stella, Tucker and Itzy included) loved all the extra attention with Grandma, Mommy or Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment