Sunday, September 2, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

IMG_1519Labor Day weekend this year was spent as a family.  Trying to keep ourselves having fun and busy to keep our minds off of everything.  IMG_1498

Mike got a morning of golfing in while the kids and I stayed at home and made a mess.  We painted and then I wanted to let Elin in on the fun.  BUT everything on her hands goes into her mouth, so it was time for foot/feet painting.  I then made a bunch of foot prints.  Not enough hands to take pictures of the mess involved, but both kids went into the tub right after.  I did get some foot paint prints of the kiddos, and that is all that mattered.  August 20122

We went swimming and both the kiddos had a great time splashing and playing.  Everyone was exhausted after the pool fun so I snuck away to the grocery store while everyone napped. IMG_1489IMG_1485

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

We also went to the Evergreen State Fair to see the animals and fulfill Mike’s dream of going a rodeo with us. Let’s just say he and Thomas had a good time, I won’t say what I really thought about going.  Max and Amy met us at the fair and joined in the “fun.” August 20121 Thomas and I loved seeing all the animals.  It made me want to have “our dream non productive ranch” even more.  Funny though, the rodeo made me realize that even with the boots I am not a cowgirl.  I can’t wait to have my petting zoo ranch and hope that one day this dream of mine and Mike’s does come true.  Thomas rode a pony for the first time as well.  The first 5 minutes he was excited but then that 6th minute he was about ready to melt down in tears when we asked to take him off.  The little dude looks good as a cowboy! IMG_1515

After Monday’s trip to the doctor, we took Stella to the dog park and let her play.  IMG_1511 Then came home and made homemade tomatillo sauce and enchiladas for dinner and we relaxed. IMG_1516 Mike and I started to catch up on Season 6 of Dexter.  We go to bed way too late and wake up with the Littles way too early.  It was a great weekend even with the impending blood draw hanging around in our thoughts. 

No comments: