Friday, August 2, 2013

Elin Piggies and Painted Nails

Elin has a serious amount of fluff hair in the back, some would call it a mullet, I don’t know that it yet has that amount of amazing.  Regardless of what it is, it is hard to know what exactly to do with itOpen-mouthed smile let it rock its chaos or try to tame it with some piggies?!  The piggies are tiny and cute and guess who else thinks they are awesome, her big brother!  piggies

Along that line Thomas and Elin have been loving having their toes painted.  Their super excellent and good spirited Daddy even rocked some “goblin green” nail polish!  Collages2

I love that my husband is confident enough to allow both himself and his son to rock nail polish.  We are doing our best to let our kids decide what they want to be and not try to do things that some might think are “more for girls” or “more for boys.”  Mike and I are confident that the rest of the world will allow for this hardship and therefore in our lives we want them to be confident and strong in any decision they make.  That being said we talked to Thomas about the fact that most of the time girls are the ones that wear piggies and have their toes/fingers painted, but sometimes boys do this too.  He still decided that he wanted to do that.  More so than anything, I am sure it is a phase, and if it isn’t oh well too. 

No comments: