Saturday, December 14, 2013

Skating with Mike Modano

There was a surprise visitor at Thomas’ hockey “practice” on Saturday.  We showed up and low and behold, Mike Modano, was there looking after his program, the Little Rookies.Collages3It would also be the one time that I go just to watch and didn’t bring along my good camera!  Darn, I did however have our video camera and thankfully my iPhone came in handy. 

Thomas and many of the younger teammates really didn’t know who this Mike guy was, but Mike and I were pretty excited.  More so excited because we knew that someday T would look at it and think it was a cool experience.  It was also nice to be able to personally thank him for this amazing program and all he does for hockey in this community.  Collages4

While we were talking with Mike Modano he asked Thomas if he wanted to race, Thomas quickly responded “I don’t want to race you because I am so fast.” 

Thomas continues to do great with his skating and as long as Mike is out on the ice with him he is happy to participate.  He still isn’t quiet sure about going out with just the coaches.  Here is a couple videos of Thomas skating with his other teammates. 

No comments: