The kiddos and I flew into Minnesota on Thursday night. After a great flight, thanks to their DVD players, a few books, and a snack we were off and running to meet Grandma Nancy. Once we met her, we got our luggage and then loaded up the truck and were off to Uncle Troy and Auntie Molly’s house. The kiddos were really excited to be in Minnesota, so was I. After saying our hellos and getting settled we all went to bed. Friday we got up got ourselves in order and then headed to the mall to get a few things. Then it was back to Troy and Molly’s while the kiddos napped I had crafting afternoon, getting ready for Molly’s baby shower.
Friday night was dinner, chaos and the Olympics opening ceremony. Grandpa Jim was flying in from Costa Rica and his flight was delayed which was a bummer. Thomas tried his hardest to stay awake and go to the airport with Grandma, but right before it was time to leave he decided to stay and just go to bed. He called Grandpa and left him a message and that was good enough. On Saturday morning it was up and into wake Grandpa up. We then had breakfast, got some more stuff done for the shower and then I was off to Lara’s bridal shower (Mike’s brother, Pat’s fiance). The kiddos stayed with my parents and Uncle Troy and Auntie Molly. Lara had a nice shower and got a lot of nice gifts.
When the shower was over we headed back to pack up the house and then it was off to a hotel for some swimming fun. I am pretty sure Mike and I have half fish as children. They could spend hours in a pool and are getting to be pretty good little swimmers! Uncle Troy and Auntie Molly joined us and while the girls watched the guys took over in the pool. We then had dinner and all of us were in bed early.
The next morning we were up and in the pool early before heading back over to Troy and Molly’s house. It was shower day for Baby Girl McConachie and I had a few final things to do in preparation. Then we loaded the car up we headed over to Lindsay’s house and finished setting up before the other guests arrived. Baby girl is already so loved and Molly got many wonderful gifts in her honor.
After the shower we went back to get our things at Troy and Molly’s and say our goodbyes there as we were headed to Mike’s parents house for the next few nights.
Sunday night we had dinner at the Lashen’s and Uncle Don and Auntie’s Mo and Katie joined us. On Monday morning we went over to an indoor play area in Woodbury where the kids were able to climb and run around for a few hours. Kathy and I even got inside the play structure for some fun, seriously it was a blast and by the end I was tired too! When then went back to the Laschen’s to rest and wait for Grandpa to get off work. When Grandpa finished working we bundled up the kiddos and they got to go outside for some shoveling. On Tuesday we went to Wild Rumpus bookstore and then had lunch over at Nana Banana’s house. Then it was home for naps and resting before Grandpa got off of work.
On Wednesday we packed up and headed over to spend the day/night with the Erdalls. Thomas and Elin had a blast playing with Ben and Hallie and Tiff and I were able to get some much needed catch up time. For the last few years we have had only quick get togethers which always leave us feeling that it was too short a time together. This time we were able to get the kiddos some great play time, dinner, and then our own time while the kiddos slept. For dinner we were also joined by Nikki, Amelia and Addison.
On Thursday morning the kiddos had breakfast and then it was off to school again for Ben and Hallie. Thomas, Elin and I headed over for another play date at Nikki, Amelia and Addy’s house. Then we picked up Nana Kathy and went back to get ready for our flight that night. Elin and I snuck in a quick nap while Thomas and Nana watched a movie together. Then it was dinner and off to the airport, we had a late flight scheduled.
At the airport our terminal was right across from the play space so the kiddos got to play while we waited. It was perfect, after a short delay we boarded and we were ready to get going. After a quick George for Elin she snuggled in and went to sleep. Thomas wasn’t far behind her as they both were exhausted. When we landed I was a little frazzled as I had a soundly sleeping boy and he was not waking up for anything, not even daddy. The nice gentleman sitting next to me helped me carry some of our stuff and when we got to the area to get a cart, I realized I had left my purse on the plane. So I went back upstairs hauling the kiddos and thankfully a cart the guy had bought for me. They gave me my purse and I started the trek back to meet up with Mike. My arms were exhausted by the time I got there and Thomas still hadn’t stirred. Mike had the double stroller and we loaded the kiddos in and then it was time go get the bags and head to the car. We were all excited to see Mike/Daddy and looking forward to a night in our own bed. Another successful Minnesota trip in the books!
No comments:
Post a Comment