The last couple of weeks have had a lot of things packed into them. In a nut shell our move was a move, it was a pain, but we got it done! As my dad said to me when he moved me out to Colorado, next time you move just send me the new address (his way of saying he is done helping). Our house is coming together and slowly the boxes are all being emptied and things are being put into their rightful place. Itzy and Tucker made the move are adjustin
g to the new house. Tucker was a bit skittish about her new home and for the first week kept herself nicely hidden. At one point I was in tears because I "just knew she had escaped outside of the house." I later found her wrapped in a blanket sleeping... Itzy is a fearless mover and has explored every inch of this place...she even helped clean out the cobwebs in the crawl spaces.
Mike and I hosted a Thanksgiving feast for a couple of our friends who are also "transplants" to Colorado from Minnesota/Wisconsin. It was nice to have people to our new house and be able to have some great company for dinner. We had all the fixings and Mike made his first turkey. We both have great family and friends that we are very thankful for both near and far. One more special thing to be thankful for is that after 8 very difficult months, my cousins Joe and Nancy have a very special little boy in their arms, Noah Joseph arrived this past F
riday. Sometimes life is unpredictable and everyday I am thankful for all the miracles and wonders in life no matter what they are.
On Sunday Mike and I decorated our house for Christmas. We put lights outside and went and got a Christmas tree and decorated it. Last year we did not have a Christmas tree so this is officially our first tree together. I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
Your house looks really cute and your tree looks great!
Post a Comment