Mike and I met on December 2, 2006 while skiing for a mutual friend’s housewarming party. The story begins back in September of 2006 when I met my friend Brandy. The Erholtz's had just moved out to CO from MN, and I met Brandy when she and I both walked in late to a training seminar. We began talking and quickly realized that her husband, Matt, and my mom had worked together in Esko, and that we had mutual friends in Colorado. That morning Matt and I went up skiing to meet his buddies. Matt had played baseball with Mike's older brother, Pat, at UND. So we met up and went skiing, then went back to Matt and Brandy's house to have drinks and appetizers. That is when Mike and I began talking. I ended up asking if he and Pat wanted to go out later that night in Denver with my friends. Once we got back to Denver I picked them up and we went and met my friends out and the rest is history :-)
Every time I tell someone that story or think about it myself it is truly amazing to me that Mike and I met when we did. Our lives had basically paralleled one another with both of us being in Minnesota and North Dakota. We even lived for a year in the same apartment complex and attend the same wedding and never met. Some say fate doesn't exist, but I tend to think it does.

The top picture is from our attempt at making a Christmas card to send out. On Saturday night after dinner (while sitting in the hot tub) Mike decided that we MUST take a picture by that light pole in the snow. It was a laugh needless to say and we had the car in the snow bank, blankets propping up the camera, and I was not feeling like trudging through snow for this picture. The bottom picture is our first picture together following the Holiday Storm of 2006.
No comments:
Post a Comment