Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Weekend Update

Friday was "date night" and Mike and I went to dinner at Elway's steakhouse. I am not the best reviewer of restaurants, but I don't think I will be "craving" their food anytime soon. Also, the atmosphere was very "uppity" and I felt pretty out of place! We were so full after dinner that we just came home and crashed. Plus, the $#*! was really hitting the fan in Mike's book!

Saturday we got up early and headed up to the mountains. I had book club that afternoon so Mike and I turned it into a day. Our friends, Brandy and Matt, live up in the mountains and she was hosting book club. Brandy and I went for a 2 hour snow shoeing hike before the other girls arrived. Mike and Matt went back county snowshoeing and skiing. Our book club read "The Christmas Shoes" and had the dinner theme of fondue. We thought it would be uplifting and it was, but I still spent the better half of the book and drive sobbing while Mike jammed to his music. Following book club and the skiing expedition (both make it back without injuries) Brandy, Matt, Mike and I watched a video on ultra marathons specifically the Badwater 135. Brandy is a professional marathoner and has thought about running this extremely demanding race. These people run 135 miles, in 130 degree heat, and have an elevation gain of covers three mountain ranges for a total of 13,000’ of cumulative vertical ascent and 4,700’ of cumulative descent. All three of us agreed that if she ever was crazy enough to run it we would be on her "crew" helping her run all 135 miles in under 48 hours. That video showed just how crazy/insane/determined these ultra marathoners are. I know Mike or I will never be running one of these races. However, I am sure if you ask Mike he will tell you he could.
Sunday we did things around the house and had a lazy day. We also finally cleaned out the garage, so both of are cars are able to fit in there. This way hopefully we keep our break ins down to just the one.

No comments: