Monday, August 18, 2008

Boys and Girls Weekend Getaways

Mike and I spent the weekend apart doing very different things. On Friday Mike headed up to Steamboat to go fishing with his buddies. I don't know what I have heard more about the fishing or how excited he was to have to put on his cowboy boots and go work on the ranch!
One of Mike's buddies, Matt, worked at a ranch just outside of Steamboat and wanted to stop there on Friday. Mike and Matt were talked into riding a 4 wheeler and moving logs while "working on the ranch." They then managed to get some good fishing in as well. Saturday and Sunday also consisted of fishing, fishing, and more fishing.
I on the other hand had quality girl time this weekend. Friday I flew back to Minnesota to look for a wedding dress. When I got in Tiffany picked me up and she and I went and did some shopping and then played with her son Ben. We grabbed dinner at Green Mill...which used to be a favorite restaurant of mine, but I was not that impressed this time around! We then went home and looked at wedding stuff and got all of our girl talking out of the way.
Saturday we woke up and headed to the dress extravaganza try on 2008. My mom, Ryanne, Krystal, and Mike's sisters Mo and Katie, met up with us to look for a dress for me and bridesmaid dresses. We had 4 dress stores in a row all lined up so that I could find "the one." The first store was a bust for me, but we did find some promising bridesmaid dresses. The second store had "the one" and then we headed to lunch at Bonfire Grill. Then we proceeded to make sure I found "the one" at the next two stores! I maintained my cool even when the chick at David's bridal was not listening to a single word any of us said...she was the only one to almost get punched! After trying on all the dresses we went back and picked up Ben from Grandpa's house and then headed to meet up with my mom to let Ben swim. He loved saying "wawa" while in the pool and it was just the cutest. Ben and Tiff then went home to get some sleep and my mom and I went to dinner.
Sunday Mike and I met up and went and met with a Reverend who may marry us. We also had to go get stuff ready for our Stella puppy. Only a couple nights of piece left!

No comments: