Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Harvest Weekend

Our garden has had plenty for us to harvest this year.  In fact, we maybe close to being “tomatoed out.”  We have been blessed with tomatoes to eat for the last several weeks, and still will have more in the weeks to come. 

So we decided to have a harvest weekend and use some of our produce.  We decided to make homemade salsa on Friday night.  While Mike was busy with the salsa, I started to make baby food for Thomas.  Both the salsa and baby food turned out great.   September 2010 Minnesota and Childrens Museum5

Saturday we had friends over for dinner.  We also got creative with our tomatoes and made homemade pizza sauce and tomato bruschetta.  One of our buddies thought it would be funny to bring a giant bone for the giant dog…here is Stella and Maggie showing how they can share!babyfood

I hope next year our tomatoes are as successful as they were this year!  I kept seeds from each of the tomato plants I liked and hope to start the plants from seed next year.  More on that experiment later.

1 comment:

Ryanne said...

No lie - I was just dreaming about having a ton of fresh tomatoes to make salsa. I need to start a garden. Yum!