As Stella was having a play in the dog park by our house I noticed what I thought sounded like SEALS bellowing (or however you describe the sound they make) and thought…huh, I am not in Minnesota, North Dakota, OR Colorado anymore!
It was then I realized that we now lived in Seattle, next to Puget Sound, 1,600 miles away from our families.
What an adventure this has been and is going to be! We are steadily settling in. I have to admit our house feels a bit endless, but every day we are closing in on having our main level completely organized. Thomas and I have been adjusting to spending all of our time together. Being a completely stay at home mom is far more exhausting for me than being a part time working mom. I never thought that would be the case but most nights I am ready to crawl in bed right after Thomas goes to sleep.
There are no breaks and I find that his endless amounts of energy keep me on my toes! Sometimes I just wish he could share an ounce or two with me! I wouldn’t change it for the world and feel so blessed that I get this opportunity. We continue to “get out there” a few times a week to meet other moms and kids for Thomas and I to play with.
There are so many opportunities and family friendly venues here that it isn’t too difficult to do. So far we have made it to the Children’s Museum, Zoo, and community centers open gyms. We anxiously await Daddy’s arrival and then our family’s nightly routine has been to have dinner, go for a walk/run around the neighborhood, then bath and bedtime.
This too has been an adjustment for Mike and I. It took us a few days to get our click back and our family’s click back. It isn’t easy 1st learning to live apart for 3 months and then learning to live together again. I knew we had gotten there when Mike and I had new inside jokes and when ever conversation wasn’t about moving, finances, our relo package, or something to that extent. So nice to have that for the most part behind us….I feel like I can say “we did it!”
Looking back it doesn’t seem like it was that long or that hard, but there were moments that I did wonder what in the hell we were doing and putting ourselves and our family through. I am glad it is over and we are hoping that we can stay put in Seattle for a few years.
Seattle is breath-taking in my opinion. There is lush greenness that catches your eye all around. There are flowers and trees that I have never seen and Mike and I are constantly pinching ourselves about the fact that we live near the ocean. 6 months ago we talked about coming here for a trip soon and now we are living here.
Yes it rains in Seattle and the days that it really rains are hard to get out. Other days it is grey and it might drizzle but that is considered (rain). The weather has yet to get us down, Stella is a little less amused, so on those days she quickly goes potty outside and then usually sneaks in a car ride trip :-)
It has been a month a successful month. Learning routines, adjusting to our new normal and exploring.
As soon as we get the house in complete order (if that ever happens) I will put some pictures up!
No comments:
Post a Comment