Sunday, March 2, 2008

Wacky Weekend...

Our leap day in Denver was 63 degrees and perfect for going out and raking leaves and trimming shrubs in our yard. I started to get the itch to plant things, but know that it is still too early and Colorado weather is Wacky. Friday night we laid low and went and grabbed dinner and watched a movie at home. It was Mike's turn to pick so we watched
"the hitchikers guide to the galaxy," a bit too wacky for me, and I fell asleep about 20 minutes into the movie. We also did the ever fun "financial planning session." For the last few months we new we were either going to need to fix some things on Mike's car and get him new tires, or get a new vehicle. It also had to do with the logistics of him transporting different things for work and play as well. After talking back and forth about pros and cons we decided that we should get a bigger vehicle. Mike was leaning towards a truck and I was pulling for another SUV. My main reason is that trucks scare me in the winter in the mountains. So we went looking on Saturday and ended up finding a perfect combination for us...a tough guy SUV. So now Mike is the proud new owner of a black Toyota Urban Four Runner!

When we were driving home from the car dealership I saw the strangest "vehicle" ever. I am still a bit confused, but this was the most versatile bike I have seen. We also drove by the park and on our record breaking 75 degree day there were people in shorts and t-shirts enjoying the first day of March. We went and grabbed a bite to eat and then came home and organized the garage, so we can comfortably fit both of our cars in there.

Sunday we woke up and were again surprised by Denver's wacky weather...there was 5 inches of snow on the ground! It is crazy that on Friday I was raking leaves, Saturday we were walking around comfortably wearing t-shirt and jeans, and then Sunday I pulled out my winter coat again. Denver is known for wacky weather, and I am sure this won't be the last of it. March entered like a lamb, but March is known as the "snowiest" month in Colorado.

No comments: