Mike and I threw out a few ideas to go and celebrate our anniversary. Originally, we thought we were going to go to a baseball game. Then Mike mentioned the Bike the Brick bike race in Downtown McKinney and asked if I wanted to check it out, I was game so off we went. We thought if it was a bust we would still have time to make the 7 p.m. baseball game and all wouldn’t be lost. We got to the race and immediately realized that the atmosphere and downtown McKinney were right up our alley.
We walked around for a bit watching the bikers race and then the kiddos got their turn racing. Elin rode for the first time on a balance bike and Thomas got to ride a “tester” bike. I love that my little guy requested wearing a helmet to be safe before he got on the bike! Then it was time for more race watching for Daddy and Elin, while Thomas and I waited for him to get his face painted. Once he had his face done, we switched and it was Elin’s turn.
After dinner we watched more bike racing and then walked around and explored. Finally after some ice cream and our fill we headed back to the car about 9:30 we were all tired and ready for bed! What a great night celebrating our marriage and our family, we really are extremely blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment