For the last few weeks, maybe a bit longer I have been asking Elin at nap time where she wants to sleep “her room or Mommy and daddy’s room.” Her answer is usually “Daddy’s room.” Up until this afternoon when she replied “Elin’s room.” So off we went, I laid down next to her and nursed her and in 5 minutes she was out cold then taking an hour and a half nap in her own room.
Again for bedtime we asked her where she wanted to sleep and she again replied “Elin’s room.” She nursed and had her warm milk and then she tossed and turned, played, talked, got her tutu on (because it is a necessity for sleeping in ones own bed and then finally about 2 hours after we first started this process she was asleep. Several times during her “going to bed” we offered up our room again and she happily declined wanting to stay in her room. She spent the whole night in there waking up once at 10:30 when I went in the room to check on her and set up the monitor, but after a quick potty break I laid her back down in her bed and she was asleep before I plugged the monitor in. She then woke up again about 2:30 a.m. for another potty break and then slept until 6:30 when she woke up wanting her hot choc (warm milk) and a PAW Patrol. What a big girl.
About this same age Thomas explored sleeping in his own bed but it was more started by us, so we will see if this sticks or if it is a phase. I have always had a feeling that Elin might be out of our room/bed first because she has never been a snuggly sleeper and she is stubborn and independent like her Mama. Either way Mike and I are proud of her and excited to watch her make this next step however it works out. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment