Mother’s Day weekend was filled with the people and things I love. On Saturday morning we were up early to head to Thomas’ 1st Tball game. Mike, along with most Dad’s/Mom’s were out in the field for the game helping the kiddos know what to do. Elin and I cheered from the sidelines, with Minny Mouse of course. After the game we came home and then I needed to take off to go to an Essential Oils class hosted by one of Thomas’ former preschool friends mom. Not quite sure how I feel about oils being the cure to everything, but they smell nice and I got to take home a free bath salt and won an orange essential oil.
Once I got home Mike and Thomas went for a bike ride and to try their hand at fishing in our little pond near our house. Elin was still sleeping, so I snuggled in next to her and got a quick nap too! Then it was off to the pool before heading home for dinner, bath and bed.
Sunday morning I got to sleep in, til 8:30! That used to seem very early pre kids, but now post kids I will take anything past 7:30 and I have “late” sleepers! When the kiddos came up to wake me up we got some snuggles in and then I headed down for coffee and more cartoons and snuggles. Mike made Swedish pancakes with berries for breakfast and they were soo yummy.
Then I got my wonderful homemade cards. They seriously made my day and I still smile thinking about them. While I was at the oil class, Mike and the kiddos constructed/cut/glued these beautiful cards. Mike even thought up the “thunderific” and “womb and board” cards himself. Thomas presented me his card and told me that on the inside he had written “Happy Mother’s Day Mommy, Thank you for being the best Mommy ever and I love you very much!”
After breakfast we started our project for the day…we started to make over Thomas’ closet. More on his makeover in a different blog post!
Thomas had requested to take Mama to lunch for a beer and fizzy drink for Mother’s day, so off to a Mexican restaurant we went, I wasn’t going to complain with not cooking/cleaning and getting a fizzy drink! On our way home we stopped at Home Depot, picked up a closet bar and I scored a aloe plant.
We went home, Elin took a nap and Thomas helped Mike and I work in his room, then he got to go for a bike ride and when Elin woke up we all headed to the pool for a dip. The pool was chilly, but refreshing when it was hot out. Then it was time to come home for some dinner with fresh pesto from the garden and I got to check over my garden quick. The tomatoes are growing like crazy and we have several little green tomatoes already…yum…I can’t wait for them to be ready to eat!
It was a perfect way to spend the weekend, nothing over the top, the family I love all around and happy, and I told Mike I was feeling super content with our new life in Dallas. Hope all the other Mama’s out there had a Happy Mother’s Day! I feel so blessed to have the 2 and 4 legged babies in my family and to call myself a Mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment