Mike ran a 1/2 marathon as a training run for his upcoming 1/2 ironman in July. He had told me the race started about 8 and if all went as planned he should finish in about 2 hours.
After Elin’s birthday celebration both kiddos were up late and therefore were sleeping in. At 8:30 I woke them up and we hustled out the door so we could see Mike/Daddy cross the finish line. As I was pulling into town and just heading to the park, Mike called wondering where we were. Sad, he ran so well that we missed him finishing.
He ran with a couple people from work so we joined them for brunch and then checked out the docks and sea lion swimming in the bay catching fish before heading home to do some yard work. A great Sunday funday!
Oh we also went and got ice cream to celebrate Grandma Nancy’s 3 year since finding out she had breast cancer. I prefer to celebrate the 3 year mark of her ending her treatments, and in my book beating breast cancer. She was treating so I wasn’t going to argue!
No comments:
Post a Comment