Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thomas, the big brother

IMG_6971Thomas is a super stinkin’ sweet little guy, I am not biased or anything here, but serioulsy he is so super sweet.  Not only is he so super sweet he is a great big brother, 95% of the time.  That other 5% is that typical I am going to take this from you and no you can’t have this type thing.  5% is more than enough to want to drive a person nuts, but anyway back to the 95% of greatness.IMG_2388
He absolutely loves his role as big brother.  When he sees other kids and meets them, he proudly will say that is “my little sister Elin and I am her big brother.”  He will show her how to do things and he says “Elin watch how big brother Thomas do(es) it”  or “see Elin Big Brother do(es) this too.”
IMG_7059He also loves to help us out with her, most of the time at least.  If she is upset he will tell Mike or I to pick her up, feed her or do something else to fix the tears.  He defends her to no end and many a night, Mike and I are scolded by Thomas as he says “don’t yell at her OR don’t tell her to do that.”IMG_7069
The absolute sweetest thing in the world is when Elin is upset and Mike or I are not able to help the girl out right at the moment Thomas is there.  We can overhear him saying “Don’t worry Elin, Big Brother here” or “Don’t worry Elin my (I’m) here with you right now.” 
As far as Elin is concerned, she sure can’t tell us how she feels, but she shows us with her constant smiles, hugs and kisses for her brother.   She is usually not farIMG_7194 behind him and it is fun watching her learn so quickly as he teaches her.  She looks at him like he can do no wrong and one can only hope she continues to be his biggest fan the rest of his life.  Seriously I think we lucked out and watching the two of them grow and their bond together become stronger is a pure joy.  

No comments: