Monday, April 29, 2013

Low Tide and Park Adventure

In checking the tide schedules I noticed that one afternoon low tide would be at 2.  With our new sometimes nap schedule we were game.  I packed up the kiddos and we headed out on our adventure.  We found a huge purple sea star “starfish”, saw the sea lions on the buoy, lots of crab shells and other shells, and some other things I don’t know what they are called.  Elin loved looking at the birds and the squirting clam things that when you touch them they spit water out as they dig themselves further into the sand.  April 20131

After we had our fill of beach adventure we headed over to the park to play.  Elin loved swinging and Thomas was quite adventurous heading up and down and over all the play structures.  Which is great because this has always been a little more scary for him (as it tests his vestibular (balance) system).  I love watching his confidence grow as he integrates these new feelings into his body.  A fun afternoon of learning and play.  Best part is when we got home both of the kiddos took a nap!Collages

No comments: