Saturday, April 13, 2013

Skagit Valley Tulips

I love tulips, in fact tulips and hydrangeas are my 2 favorite flowers. So when I learned about the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival I was in, Mike on the other hand wasn't so sold on the idea. After a little convincing about how much it would mean to me he decided it was an ok way to pass a grey and slightly rainy day. Only return, he and Thomas got to go and donate more stuff and make a trip to the dump.  April 20134
After breakfast we headed on our way to the fields of tulips. They are an hour north of our house and we thought it would be a perfect way to get
Elin her morning nap.   As luck would have it we also hand a sleepy Thomas on our hands.  So Mike and I drove the fields of daffodils and tulips.  It was raining pretty hard and with the kiddos asleep we were able to see all the fields without too much trouble.  I quickly took pictures out of the window and we had came and visited the fields of tulips.  We then headed back to Mount Vernon and ate lunch at the Skagit River Brewery.  After filling our bellies, the rain had stopped so we decided that we should head back and visit the Roozengaarde display garden.   The millions of bulbs they had planted were gorgerous.  The rain held out just long enough for us to walk the gardens.  Then as we were walking back to the car the rain started, and didn’t stop. April 20135When we got home we were surprised with some thunderstorms and hail.  What a crazy weather weekend.  The hail looked a little like snow covering the ground.  Have to admit I am not missing all the snow that has been getting dumped on our family and friends in Minnesota.  As I keep saying to everyone sick of the snow, Seattle loves visitors!

IMG_2234  IMG_2235

3 comments:

ajs {of MN} said...

ive been to skagit and i LOVE tulips too! it is soooo soooooo SO pretty!

Jayme said...

That is GORGEOUS. What a sight to see.

Stacey said...

It was so stunning. I feel like my pics from the car photos hardly do it justice.