Little miss is interested in learning about the potty chair. A couple weeks ago she started to make the association that when she made a stinky she would go to the bathroom door and try to get in.
She has also taken it upon herself to be the diaper princess and she will happily walk all her diapers outside. This used to be just for the stinky ones, but lately every diaper she has changed she makes her "I want" noise until she is walking it out.She is also enjoying sitting on the potty and clapping when anyone else does their thing, but she has yet to be successful while sitting on it. Welcome to the beginning of body awareness and potty learning, hello loads of patience and time!
Thomas too started potty learning about this same time so I'm not too shocked about this. I do love when they are out of diapers during the day and so would the environment and our wallets :-)
Since I originally wrote this post 2 things have happened. The first is that on Tuesday night before Elin’s bath while both Mike and I were in there she started to pee and we got 1/2 in the potty chair, yay! Then on Wednesday morning she made her first official I sat and peed on the potty chair potty. Double yay! Since then it has been lack luster and the few times we have tried she hasn’t produced the “goods.” The second thing that has changed is I have decided to take the plunge and try out cloth diapers. Before you think I am nuts, which my husband “I think your drinking the Koolaid” and my mother “well you’re the one doing it and the laundry” let me give you a quick why explanation.
For the last several years I have been slowly trying to eliminate the chemicals our family uses and is exposed to, more on that later in another blog post that needs to be finished. We have also been trying to be more helpful to the environment and conscience about how we are using our natural resources, yes, very green of us and yes it is very “Seattlilish” of us. About this same age with Thomas I almost switched to cloth diapers, but then decided not to ask Mike said he was completely not on board. Then I read up some more about the benefits and I decided that I needed to explore it more.
I talked to Mike about it and although he thinks I am drinking the koolaid he agreed to hop on board if I thought it was the right thing to do, especially with the new information I provided. So I contacted my trusted cloth diapering friend, asked her about a thousand questions, did more research and then we got started. We decided to go with an all in one cotton cloth diaper and I have liners for when I think the doo doo business will happen. If you want more details on what exactly that means, let me know, but for blogging purposes that is enough information. I ordered them, washed them and they are ready to go. I am feeling really great about this new adventure, so keep your fingers crossed. I am also excited to see what I think about it with all the new modern conveniences that diaper companies have gone through to make cloth diapering as easy as or almost as easy as disposables. Anyone else out there cloth diapering? Tips?
Since I have been delayed in posting this, I am now almost 3 days in and I am loving the change. I actually wish I would have made the switch earlier as I love throwing away only 1 diaper from nighttime in the garbage. I also think her bum looks cute in the fancy diapers. Aside from feeling like I need to not “push her through” in a diaper longer than normal and 1 load of laundry there isn’t a difference in convenience. One other difference that I have noticed is that I am already using less slather (aquaphor, vaseline, diaper cream) to protect her buns and they look ok, with the disposables we used a barrier every change or she would start to get a rash.
No comments:
Post a Comment