We had plans to meet a few friends at the zoo on Saturday morning. After we were all up much earlier than normal, we made a quick decision to get our weekend house projects started and headed to home depot to stock up.
After loading up on boards and a few other supplies we headed home and then to the zoo.
We met up with Jamie, Jenny, their 3 week old baby Leo and Whitney, Dahlia and Reier. Thomas and Dahlia ran around the zoo and had chaotic 3 year old fun. At times I wondered if they belonged in a cage too as they slithered across the floor like a snake or screeched like a monkey, only slightly kidding. They had a blast running, climbing and playing together. Elin did her best to keep up with them and happily walked her little heart out. Her little leggins must have been tired (she got home and took a 4 hour nap). Thomas started to demand that pictures were taken and I happily obliged his request. Little Leo was a perfect gentleman and let me steal some snuggles in. The new little family is so cute and they are really making this parenting thing look easy. After strolling through the zoo for an hour or so we stopped for lunch and then headed out with tired kids and babies, I think most of us adults were too!
On our way home we let Thomas pick out a toy. He chose the safari 4 wheeler with a giraffe. He was seriously pumped. He has been asking for more “big kid toys like Dan and Gabe (who are 5 and 7). Then we drove up to the nursery to let him fall asleep and so I could get a few plants for my weekend projects.
Once home the kiddos were asleep we watched the Belmont Stakes and then snuck naps in.When Elin and I woke up, the guys had taken off on their bikes to grab dinner at our local Mexican restaurant. Stella, Elin and I headed up to join them. We knew Stella couldn't wait outside whole we ate so we took ours to go. While inside for a few seconds, the nut bag, managed to chew through her leash and try to come join us. Seriously what a mess she is when she is not attached to our hips. She is more work than the kids, I'm not lying!
Sunday was a work at home in the house and yard day. We have a lot of projects both big and small that we are tackling.This weekend we finished the flower bed in the back yard, started the side fence, made a planter box for the front of the house and picked up the house a bit. I can’t wait until the side fence is finished. Looking at the chain link and seeing the neighbors house soo close drives me nuts, city living, it is a tight fit. I also walked around the yard with my camera and snapped a few pictures. Seattle is one beautiful city when everything starts to bloom, we have quickly moved past spring and are in full blown summer mode here. I even have roses blooming in mid May. I never knew this about Seattle before we moved here, we always thought it was cold and rainy, which it is in the winter, but not like I had thought I guess.
It was a busy and productive weekend! It was also safe to assume that we were all exhausted Sunday night. You know it has been a good busy weekend when we all need a shower/bath at the end of the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment