You have probably gathered by the obsessive amount of pictures that I post, or are hanging in my house, that I am a picture person. I love them, I love other people pictures and I really feel that pictures capture moments in time so beautifully.
That being said, a few years ago for Christmas I asked for a fancy new DSLR camera and have been on a huge learning curve ever since. I have added new lenses here and there and taken a class, but I realized that there is soo much more for me to learn. A few weeks ago I cashed in on another Christmas present, a 4 week series on photography. I went to the class knowing that I have a lot to learn but I am willing to try and get myself out of Auto mode which I realize has its limitations. These classes along with Pinterest and this new blog I am following called livesnaplove.com are helping me accomplish my goal, documenting my children and our family in everyday life. I also am lucky enough to call our professional photographer Jenny a friend and will bounce questions here or there off of her.
One thing I have realized is that these to kiddos are growing up quickly and I want to preserve all our moments as much as I can. That being said, I also sometimes just put down the camera and enjoy the moments or I take pictures quick and then put it down. Anyway here is one night in Elin’s room playing around. I was trying out a few new features that I learned about and you can see that some of the colors are warmer or colder. I was also trying to learn about this new lens I got. So much to learn and we haven’t even started on photo editing…
No comments:
Post a Comment